Welcome to Brighton Surf Lifesaving Club
Joining the Brighton Surf Life Saving Club will connect you with more than 130,000 surf club members nationally.
Our Surf Life Saving Club is a place where people from all walks of life and professions can provide an invaluable community service, whilst learning skills and making friends for life.
Brighton Surf Life Saving Club offers its members many useful skills, accreditation and opportunities in a variety of volunteer positions. Everything revolves around our core business of providing beach safety and a vital community service and playing a fundamental role in building healthy communities and better health outcomes for South Australians of all ages.
Our Club is a meeting place, a training college, a fitness and recreation centre, an emergency evacuation centre, conference facilities, along with encouraging physical activity and teaching important Australian values:
- Giving back to the community.
- Meeting challenges
- Pursuing excellence
Surf Lifesaving is a lifestyle
The exact date that a Lifesaving Club was first formed and commenced operation at Brighton Beach is unclear. Formal record keeping dates back to 1952, but anecdotal history suggests that the club was formed around 1925/26.
Today Brighton is one of the largest, and most successful, clubs in South Australia. We pride ourselves on being a friendly, relaxed and family based Surf Lifesaving club. We are 100% administered and operated by volunteers.
Active membership provides opportunities for members to learn and develop a range of skills whilst contributing to the well being of the community. We invite you to join us and become part of our history.
As a member you can expect to:
• Have a lot of fun
• Improve physical fitness
• Build teamwork skills
• Be competitive as an individual or in a team
• Meet a network of friends
• Perform a vital job in the community
• Learn a range of life saving skills
• Access great facilities & resources
• Be given opportunities to become trainers & leaders
Who can join?
Memberships are available in the following categories:
• Nippers: Children aged 5 – 13 years
• Cadets: 14 – 18 years
• Seniors: 18 years+
• Masters: 30 years+
• Supporters: All
• Family: 2 x Adults and all children holding a current student concession card
– Caldicott Lawyers – Climat Air conditioning & Solar – Flight Centre – Galaxy Pro – The Hills Cider Company – Landscape Construction Services – Peter James Motors – Royal Australian Navy – Southern Orthopaedics – Spurling Electrical –Ted Turner Signs – Travel Managers –
– Amorini – Aussie Home Loans – Bakers’ Delight – BGC Industrial Cleaning Supplies – Beerenberg – Bickford’s Australia – Douglas Hoskings Legal – Health Partners – Global Office Products Depot – Marion Sand & Metal – Titan Performance Group – Spinach Effect – Underground Installations – 90 Mile Wines –